Tenant build out can happen in several ways. In one instance, a building owner hiring a general contractor to perform the work to meet the tenant’s expectations can complete a build out. Another way would be for the tenant to take charge of the project utilizing his own general contractor and have the proposed work approved by the building owner. No matter how a tenant build out is accomplished, a serious of steps need to be taken to make sure the process goes smoothly and the end product is one that everyone is satisfied with. Here are some steps to aid in that process.
1. Building the right team: When it comes to projects of this magnitude it is important to work with the right contractor and design time to ensure that the final product is meets the business needs of the tenant. Creating space can be stressful for the tenant but with the support of a good designer and contractor a vision can come to life.
2. Planning: Proper planning can save everyone a lot of time and headaches when it comes to completing the project. Estimating construction cost, time to complete the project, drafting payment and work contracts for the contractors, and laying out the construction plan can save a lot of time and questions on a day to day basis.
3. Choose the Right Space: Demolition is sometimes a necessary evil when it comes to creating the best tenant build out. Renovating an existing space will most likely be more cost efficient and less time consuming than building from the ground up. Don’t underestimate the value of the existing infrastructure.
4. Stay on Schedule: This step doubles back to the planning portion. If proper planning is done, then this step will be easy. Create checkpoints for the contractors to reach by certain dates, being sure to remain realistic, and help everyone stay abreast of any changing situations with open communications.
5. Go Green and Save Some: Taking advantage of financial incentives that are in place for incorporating energy efficient appliances, windows, HVAC systems, and the like should be a consideration in the overall tenant build out planning stage. Depending on the incentives available, payouts can be seen in as little as a few months or a few years.
A successful tenant buildout can be done with ease with cooperation from the building owner, contractors, and design team. Following these steps can help make that process go even smoother!
No Commercial Job Too Big or Too Small for AFS GC
Implementing solutions for projects of all sizes, AFS General Contracting offers a wide range of services. Whether you’re looking to renovate, repair, build-out or construct a new building, AFS GC is the only contractor you need to know. Contact us today at 407-487-4546 or visit our website at http://afsgeneralcontracting.com.